Thursday, January 14, 2010

#14

Spend the entire night checking out the stars.
Give me a blanket, a thermos of coffee and a telescope and I'm SO loving it! (slight knock off of McD's slogan there - FYI, NOT a fan of McD's.) I took Astronomy in high school a few months after my obsession with the universe developed. Of course, because it was a few months later the draw I had to it wasn't quite as high as it had been (darn school.) but I still learned quite a bit. Don't ask me anything I learned because I don't remember. Haha! Anywho. I just looooooooove the sky. To think that God created all of it just blows my mind! Shooting stars aren't that common to me - I've seen only a handful in my entire life. I don't recall watching any meteor showers or the such so that would be cool too.

Why would I want to do this?
When I was young I used to stare up at the dark sky of the night and wonder what it was like up there. Watching the sky rotate (actually the world) is so fascinating to me spending the entire night and seeing where it starts and ends - wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment